I am feeling pretty rejuvenated after working from home yesterday. It was nice to sit on my couch and watch Sabrina the Teenage Witch while doing my work, and to wear shorts :) I swear, I am more productive when I wear shorts. I'm just sayin. And it left me time to run an errand up to the dealership where I bought my car to pick up another temporary tag, because apparently when I buy a car, it is a 3 month process. Let's hope next time goes much more smoothly. And let's hope it doesn't happen for a loooong time. I also got to swing by Bojangles on the way back home, which always makes for a great day! All in all, it was very pleasant. And I went to the gym last night for the third day in a row. If you know me, you know how much of an accomplishment this is. I am so proud of myself, and I've felt so much better in the evenings after I get some exercise, and am actually tired from working out, rather than just being lethargic from being a couch potato.
Sarina and I were texting this morning about how excited we are for the fall. Yesterday was in the low 80s here for most of the day. After about 3 months straight of 95 degree weather, it felt a-mazing, and has me wishing for fall. As soon as she mentioned the season changing, I thought of 5 wonderful things that I am so looking forward to, all of which are happening in the fall! They are:
1. Football season/homecoming at Wake!
2. Cooler weather.
3. Wearing boots.
4. Our birthdays.
5. My upcoming trip to Washington, DC and reuniting with lots of my best friends!
See, fall has so much to offer. I hate wishing the time away, but I'll definitely say I will not be sad to see summer leave (although, its been a great one). I think this weekend John and I will do a quintessential Atlanta summer activity, and go to the Braves game--our first one all year. Should be a lot of fun.
The office is absolutely dead today, which will definitely be helpful in meeting my goals of finishing up something I've been working on for a few weeks. My other goal for the week: go to the gym today, tomorrow and Saturday. Whew. Wish me luck!
No comments:
Post a Comment