I didn't have a lot of excitement, but I did get to see Acree and my old friend James (I'm trying hard to break the habit of calling him Jimmy) on Friday! It was great for a lot of reasons. I don't see Acree nearly enough, although she lives 15 minutes away and is my only real Raleigh connection in Atlanta. I also haven't seen James in close to 2 years, so the visit was long overdue. I'm pretty thrilled that he is almost certainly moving to ATL as long as he can find work here. Can't wait for that to happen! It seems like I've had too many friends mvoing away from here in the past year, so it'll be nice to finally have someone move to Atlanta.
The rest of the weekend was sort of a relaxing blur. I spent most of it in Fayetteville hanging out with John, not really doing anything in particular. The good news though--I didn't do any clothes or shoe shopping! The even better news, I got some Christmas shopping done at World Market. Yes, you read that right--Christmas shopping. I decided a while ago I was going to attempt to do all my shopping prior to Thanksgiving. I picked up some great things this weekend, and plan on saving them up for my friends! I highly reccommend doing this. It alleviates any stress assosciated with buying gifts in a certain time frame, and allows you to shop around for sales and unique items (and it spreads out the overall expense over a period of time, so you don't freak out when the January credit card bill arrives)!
And as I said, work is busy but good. I'm looking forward to going out on the road next week. Even moreso, I'm looking forward to the day trip John and I are taking this weekend. We're going to Helen, Georgia, which is bascially a little German town in the middle of the GA mountains. Should be interesting!
I've been very unmotivated (to do anything) in the evenings after work this week. Today I feel extra good, and motivated, so I'm looking forward to doing some cleaning and organizing once I get home today. Its the little things, right?

No comments:
Post a Comment