Thursday, April 16, 2009

Adulthood, for real.

Growing up is scary. I feel like I have done waaay too much of it in the past year. I can't believe that the first anniversary of my college graduation is in just a little more than a month...the hardest year of my life by far has been flying by lately. That's definitely a good thing, considering how I felt during most of last summer (stuck, depressed, missing college and having a tough time transitioning back to Raleigh and real person life). I can honestly say I've made a complete 180 since then. Yes, I miss North Carolina so much I can taste it sometimes, but I love my life here. The amount of growing up I've done in the 5ish months since I moved here is incredible.

Here's a few tell-tale signs I've noticed lately that scream "I'm an adult":

1. I'm going on my 2nd real person (paid for by me and no parents allowed) vacation next month. With a guy. I'm still wondering how this all happened, but I'm excited:)
2. I buy healthy groceries. When I go to the store, I always pick up a few things: turkey for sanwiches, yogurt, whole grain bread and a bag of salad mix. Lately I've also been eating Easter candy like its my job, but that's beside the point. I buy these things without even thinking about them. That's adulthood.
3. One of my favorite friends from childhood and the teen years is having a baby. A baby! I am thrilled for her, and I have never felt older at the same time. It's hard to wrap my brain around the fact that someone I used to have sleepovers with and make ugly bead jewelry with is going to be a mother soon...insanity. (And Jess if you are reading this, YAY! I can't wait for all the excitement).
4. I have a Blackberry that I actually use for work purposes. And I love my job...I don't dread Mondays (except for the getting up early part).
5. I use my Swiffer mop-thing on a regular basis. I am not a clean freak by any means, but I feel the need to Swiffer pretty often. The younger me would not have felt this need. Trust me.

2 comments:

Kristin said...

1. We need to catch up ASAP
3. OMG a baby! I'm still getting used to our friends getting married.
5. Please come swiffer my apartment. I never feel the need, despite the grunge on my floor.

Anonymous said...

1.I don't know what you are talking about... our bead crafts were beautiful!!!!

2.Where are you going on vacation with this boy of yours?( Sounds fun!!!)

3. Of course I am reading this, DUH!!!!