Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Go outside.

A couple months ago I posted a quote about how everything you could possibly want is right outside your comfort zone. So true!

Last night I was so bored...no human contact all day, only studying and hanging out by myself in my apartment. Needless to say, I was in desperate need of fresh air by about 7:00pm. I went to sit at this big picnic area at my apartment complex. There's a gorgeous skyline view, a veggie garden and you can watch people playing tennis. Excellent spot for "getting out" without actually going anywhere. And I made a new friend while I was sitting out there! This girl walked over once her boyfriend started playing a match (there are some random tennis leagues around ATL that use our courts), and we ended up talking for an hour! I love meeting new people and having unexpected girl talk. In person girl talk is thing I definitely miss the most about living on my own. I love hanging out with Andrew, but its not the same to chat with him. Luckily I've made a bunch of new girlfriends in the past few months--yay!

So, in short, go outside. Literally, step out your front door. You can meet anyone, anytime. But I guarantee you'll never meet anyone by sitting around watching tv all the time. I'm just as guilty as anyone of this, but it was so refreshing to get out and actually meet a nice new friend. Very successful evening!