I can already tell its going to be one of those days where I post about 15 times, because the internet is full of treasures and tidbits!
First: super shocking (or maybe not so much) story and photos from US Weekly. Jon (from Jon and Kate Plus 8, of course) leaving da club at 2 am with some mystery chick while Kate is away on a book tour. Uh oh! I must admit that I do watch the show (one of my guiltiest pleasures, along with Secret Life of the American Teenager and Tough Love on VH1), and although I can't blame Jon for wanting to get out of the house away from the kids and (very nagging) wife, what the heck is he thinking? Can't wait to see how this one pans out.
Second: The Hurricanes won their first series of the NHL playoffs last night in a crazy last minute win! Although I admit that I was out and didn't actually watch the game (shame on me), I'm so excited! Good for them, and I hope they can go all the way to the Stanley Cup this year! Side note: between my March Madness obsession this year, my recent foray into frisbee golf and this, when did I get so sporty??
Third: I was robbed of my NC BBQ in Atlanta experience last night. We drove to the restaurant only to find it closed (permanently?), but the sign said "visit our other location at XYZ address", which we obviously did. It was the catering headquarters which is only open for lunch on Fridays. WTF? I was so looking forward to a mountain of meat for dinner...sigh. We ended up getting some delicious Mexican food, so I was alright:) I'm pretty sure that I'm going to require a trip to the good old Barbeque Lodge in Raleigh this weekend though!
Fourth: Andrew is much more tech-savvy than I am, and last night he bought be a cord for my computer to hook into my tv. So now I can watch online tv shows and youtube videos on my big screen! Its so wonderful..who knew?
Fifth: Thank the Lord for Starbucks extra bold blend in the cafeteria downstairs. Not enough sleep last night=caffiene is my best friend today. Hopefully I can stay awake and get lots of work done today. I just hate days when that first thing I think of in the morning is "what time can I get back in my bed tonight?". Its just one of those days.
Sixth: My mood continues to be excellent, despite the extreme sleepiness. I think I was just a little crazy over the weekend, but that's nothing new for me. Overall, I'm lucky to be a happy, independent and generally not overly emotional person. Sometimes a little crazy spills out...it happens.
Seventh: Again, A. might be one of the best people ever. He has a free companion ticket from all of his Skymiles that he has to use before July, which means I might have a free ride to NYC to visit K one last time before she leaves the city. How perfect is that?
1 comment:
Use that plane ticket and come visit me! In June! YAY! HOORAY!
I'm sorry about no BBQ, what a tragedy.
I need some coffee badly. The firm has taken away our starbucks from upstairs, including the flavored syrups and has replaced it with unacceptable generic colombian bullsh*t. I probably need to go outside (there are two starbuck's at ground level) and get myself a nice big cup. Yeah, that sounds good. Maybe with coffee I can actually get some of this work done. God I love coffee.
Post a Comment