Wasn't feeling the dark blue background, so it's a clean slate for now. I'm hoping this will encourage me to post more pictures and pretty things.
Great weekend. Went out to dinner at a fabulous tapas (but they call them "small plates") place with Lydia and her relatives on Friday night. I had some smoked trout, tuna tartar, lamb lasagna and pumpkin risoto. I wish I had pictures of the food:) Saturday I drove around doing errands without my GPS for the first time. I felt proud of myself, even though I only went to the library and post office and a little shopping. I went to Target and Homegoods on a quest for throw pillows, but I have no interior designer in me, so I never feel confident in my choices and am still pillowless. Sigh. Lydia slept over on Saturday night. We went to this crazy place near my apartment where you pick out your own noodles/veggies/rice/raw meats/sauces and they make a stir-fry thing for you right there. Mine actually turned out pretty good. Then we drove to the middle of no where movie theater in the next town over and saw Twilight. A-mazing. Ok, I admit, the movie was a little bit like film noir for 13 year olds gone wrong, but I am definitely developing the Edward Cullen obsession. I'm officially starting in on the books K sent me!
Sunday Lydia and I talked about weddings and freshman year and ate cinnamon rolls in my apartment. After she left I went to the High museum and bought my membership. It was packed for the Terracotta Warrior exhibit, so I didn't even try to wait in line. I checked out most of the permanent collection, the Louvre exhibit and the V&A exhibit. Seeing all those beautiful things re-inspired me a little. I'm happy that I can go back anytime I want for free, and its only 1 train stop away!
1 comment:
Be confident in your decorating choices! I really don't think that its possible to make wrong decorating choices as long as you love what you get. So pick out whatever you like best, and it will be perfect.
Twilight is a strange movie, definitely meant for younger girls than us, but that's all part of its charm, I think.
I'm trying to find time to come visit you for a weekend. I'm thinking mid february- president's day weekend possibly. What do you think?
Post a Comment