Monday, January 12, 2009

Go Deacs!

Happy Monday! I stayed up much later than usual last night to watch the Wake v. UNC game--so classic. I am SO happy that Wake beat the Tarheels.

Last night while I was watching I couldn't help but remember this exact same weekend my freshman year, when all of my friends and I camped out at the coliseum before the Carolina game and checked in all night long for great seats. Granted, we put the seat down in my jeep and watched dvds on our laptops all night, so we weren't exactly roughing it. I am proud to say that's the closest I've ever been to camping:) Its a sweet memory that I hadn't thought of in a long time, and it makes me really nostalgic for that time in my life. And I miss all my Wake Forest friends even more--even those I didn't keep up with much after freshman year. We had such great times together, and its a little bit of a shame to know that we'll never get to camp out at the Joel together again.

1 comment:

Kristin said...

Awww!
I am so glad Wake won!
I miss people from Wake too, and am sad about how few I keep up with.